Monday, June 13, 2016

Matariki is a new year celebration where family's and friends come together have fun. They play lots of Maori games on Matariki. On Matariki family's and friends go out to a park and at the park there is a big celebration where there is fireworks and lots of food.Fact: Matariki stars comes out in  mid winter. The Matariki group of stars has other names as well like Pleiades.

A couple of days ago we had our own Matariki celebration there were lots of different activities. I got put into the kite making and I was very exited  it was very challenging for me because the string was very slippery to tie a knot also something that challenged me was making the flax straight and in a line.  I really enjoyed working as a team because all of us took part to complete it.
Tyler and his wonderful team working together    

Niamh and her team working collaboratively together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment