Monday, June 6, 2016

Making bread

In Tortara whanou we have been learning about science
We had three different choices to pick from there was milk bread mould . I chose bread because I thought It might be cool to learn about. I have learnt that yeast is what makes bread rise. How it works is that it reacts to make carbon dioxide.




Something that has challenge me is making the bread into a circle because it was very sticky and gooey. What did I learn about being a scientist? I learnt about the different changes in science and how I need to look carefully to see what happens.


Procedural writing
WALT write instructions for the reader to follow
Success Criteria
Give an explanation about how the instructions will help you (introduction)
Write an equipment or ingredients list
Begin each instruction with a verb (an action word)
Use specific vocabulary
Order instructions so they are easy to follow


Introduction
Slowy I woke up in the morning getting ready for toast I went down into the pantry. Nooo there is no bread. Me and my sister decided to make some of our own bread. Gluten helps the bread rise. There are lots of different kinds of bread. Bread rises when  yeast and sugar react to make carbon dioxide.


Question
Have you ever made homemade bread before.


Ingredients
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 ⅓ cup of flour
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon oil ½  cup warm water.


Method
  1. Combine the flour, sugar and yeast together in a bowl.
  2. Pour in the warm not hot water in slowly
  3. Add oil into the bowl  and stir gently for 1 to 3 minutes.                                                  
  4. Split it in half and create the shape that you want
  5. Put it under a towel for 25 minutes to let it rise
  6. Put it in the oven for twenty minutes so it can cook













  

No comments:

Post a Comment