Tuesday, June 21, 2016

seven kites of Matariki

We have been learning to add lost of detail into our writing.
I am proud of me because I used all of my strategies to complete my writing to gold level. Something that challenged me was adding lost of detail to my writing. I really enjoyed learning about the seven kites of Matariki. The learning muscle I used to get out of the learning pit was my perseverance muscle I used my perseverance muscle because I was right down in the bottom of the pit and I felt restless. Today Mrs Ramsay and Mrs H took a work shop for sentence starters and how to end with a good ending for your writing I used all of my perseverance muscle to go back into my writing and make some changes to it.


Long long ago in a lovely country called Aotearoa at the bottom of Te Mata Peak lived a whanau of seven little sisters. There  village had glistening  green  flowing grass  and a swirling shimmering creek that surrounded the village. On the banks of the creek were huge Willow trees whose branches were flowing down and dangling in the crisp clear water. Every morning Ururangi woke up and could hear the Kereru bird fluttering in the Grandfather Puriri tree. Each night under the shiney white  crescent moon the seven sisters would huddle up together around Grandfather Puriris  wrinkly  aged trunk. Ururangi was old enough to make her very own kite, so excitedly she collected the things that she needed, shells,bamboo,harakeke,raupo,reeds and feathers to create her own kite. The seven sisters started to make their very own kites. The first little sister made a kite with bamboo and raupo.
The eldest little sister made her kite out of pink manuka  with eyes of scallop shells. Sister number four   made her kite out of red feathers  with eyes of pipi shells. The wisest  little sister made her kite out of a blue fish-skin kite, with eyes of whelk shells. Another sister made her kite out of  a white-grass plumed kite, with eyes of periwinkle shells. But  Ururangi, the youngest little sister, made a many-colored rainbow kite, with eyes of paua she

No comments:

Post a Comment